Great feedback for the first LSE Careers Service / CLT Webinar which focused on using Linkedin
As part of my work with the LSE Careers Service I co-facilitated a Webinar about Linkedin for job-hunting students. It was the first time we had offered a webinar and the first time we had run a session specifically on Linkedin. The feedback was very positive:
“A really useful talk and a great way to communicate with the careers service. Thank you”
- 9 out of 12 said they would make more use of Linkedin as a result of attending the webinar
- All 12 participants want the Careers Service to run more sessions as webinars
The webinar covered 4 topics:
- What is Linkedin? Why use it?
- Your Profile – Get Noticed
- Get Connected
- Researching & Getting More Connected
We tried to minimise the chalk-&-talk by building in some interaction: stopping regularly for questions and using the built-in question tools. It is very easy for the mind (& fingers!) to wander off in a Webinar so you need strategies for dealing with this!